[Nhcoll-l] Shelves load capasity

William Simpson wsimpson at fieldmuseum.org
Thu Aug 19 11:40:47 EDT 2021

Hi Joosep,

Ask the manufacturer what the load capacity is, then if possible get a
sample and test it.  We buy bags of salt and load up shelves to test
them.  We've had one model collapse under a load of salt matching the
manufacturer's stated capacity.

Best,

Bill

On 8/17/21 9:34 AM, Joosep Sarapuu wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I think some of you have been already had this situation before.
>
> We are going to have a new shelves for our collection rooms and we
> would like to know what should be the load capasity for shelves. Our
> shelves sizes are 100x59cm.
>
> Can somebody give me estimate load capasity for these ones?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Joosep Sarapuu

*

William F. Simpson (he)*
Head of Geological Collections
McCarter Collections Manager, Fossil Vertebrates
Gantz Family Collections Center

Primarily Working from Home

*Field Museum of Natural History*
1400 South Lake Shore Drive