[Nhcoll-l] Insurance question for collections

naturalhistory naturalhistory at museum.ie
Fri Aug 20 10:21:33 EDT 2021

Everything you need has been discussed before and published here:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Value-Valuation-Natural-Science-Collections/dp/1897799764

There are more recent articles and advice but this is a great starting point (including discussion of how meaningless the concept can be!)

Nigel

Mr Nigel T. Monaghan,
Keeper,
Natural History Division,
National Museum of Ireland,
Merrion Street,
Dublin D02 F627,
IRELAND

+353-1-6486354 (phone)
nmonaghan at museum.ie<mailto:nmonaghan at museum.ie>
www.museum.ie<blocked::outbind://24/www.museum.ie>

Museums are open but with restrictions, book online to arrange your visit
The National Museum of Ireland – Natural History remains closed for essential works
Group Bookings have been suspended – see our website at www.museum.ie<http://www.museum.ie/> for details
Research visitors must make appointments in advance of any proposed visit.

Virtual Visit: See our 3-D interactive tour at www.museum.ie/nh3d<http://www.museum.ie/nh3d>
Watch: We are one of the Dublin stories on www.storymap.ie<http://www.storymap.ie/> also at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VunX2u_mQWw
Read: Guide to the National Museum of Ireland - Natural History, €5.95 from Museum Shops
Poetry: Dead Zoo – a whole book of poetry http://www.gallerypress.com/shop/#!/~/product/id=28033815