[Nhcoll-l] Compactors in collections

Ann Bogaerts ann.bogaerts at plantentuinmeise.be
Tue Dec 14 10:58:40 EST 2021

Hello everybody,

We wish to renovate our herbarium with 4 milj. specimens and we want to get
some feedback from other institutions who already renovated or renewed
their collection buildings.

One of our main questions is the use of compactors yes or no? So what is
your opinion about this? How much space do you save using a compactor and
how is it working with this kind of system? For which collections do you
use it?

We are really interested in the do's and don'ts and it would also be nice
if you could send us a picture of the compactors you use.

Thanks a lot and enjoy your evening (day),

Ann

--

<http://groenepioniers.be/bioblitz/>