[Nhcoll-l] Consider Sharing with Your Networks - AAMG Annual Conference 2022: Call for Proposals

AAMG AOAMAG at wildapricot.org
Thu Dec 16 08:58:58 EST 2021

Association of Academic Museums & Galleries

 Call for Proposals - 2022 AAMG Annual Conference

 Hello Friend of the Association of Academic Museums and Galleries,

 We are very excited to announce our recent release of the 2022 Annual Conference Call for Proposals. Below are details for the call, including a pdf guidelines document, a link to the submission platform, copy to utilize, and graphics you can use to spread the word amongst your own networks.

 Would you mind sharing this call with your members/groups/pages, in whatever format you believe best?

 We greatly appreciate your consideration in sharing this announcement. If you have any other steps to take in order for this to be shared on your network, please do not hesitate to reach out and let me know!

 Best,

 Alexandra Chamberlain, Virtual Administrator, AAMG

 The 2022 Annual Conference will take place in a hybrid format with both in person and online opportunities for engagement at the

 Nora Eccles Harrison Museum of Art at Utah State University

 June 14-17, 2022

 Click here to submit your proposal! [http://aoamag.wildapricot.org/EmailTracker/LinkTracker.ashx?linkAndRecipientCode=W3rc3MZcdM3UrnLLtEDKt0WsJA97gqMlBu1E%2bWEesl8lXyt3HmFB%2fUMsaNPWs4rDJVuJ5R1brVJj6IJF6BESsGCH8v5hcPoiYQPoJ%2fu6AdA%3d]

 Link copy if needed:

 https://www.cvent.com/c/abstracts/4875d2d0-6d31-4118-8ea7-945c50b82478 [http://aoamag.wildapricot.org/EmailTracker/LinkTracker.ashx?linkAndRecipientCode=W3rc3MZcdM3UrnLLtEDKt0WsJA97gqMlBu1E%2bWEesl8lXyt3HmFB%2fUMsaNPWs4rDJVuJ5R1brVJj6IJF6BESsGCH8v5hcPoiYQPoJ%2fu6AdA%3d]

 Got your proposal? Submit today!

 AAMG’s 2022 annual conference will focus on how academic museums and galleries embrace resilience and an array of emergent forms of sustainability. Marking a return to gathering in person, AAMG will convene a first-ever hybrid conference that aims to continually expand equitable opportunities for participation parallel to a renewal of in-person collegiality. This year’s conference seeks diverse perspectives, ranging from nuanced philosophical ideas, and creative pragmatic solutions to thoughtful debates about leadership and our field, including:

 How are we transforming our missions and lived values to contribute to community wellbeing? How do climate change, power-imbalances, and social injustice force a reinterpretation of the meaning and care of collections, archives, and the communities we serve? How are museums and galleries promoting active and impactful citizenship and driving change for social, environmental, and economic action; what should we do, and do better, to lead in an evolving world?

 Possible proposal topics:

 Embedding sustainability across institutional strategy and leadership
 How to reconcile expanding our organizations with current climate/social/ethical forces
 How sustainability and resilience are woven into your institution’s diversity, equity, and inclusion policies and practices
 Changes made to prioritize sustainable practices
 How sustainability and resilience are used as interdisciplinary opportunities for campus and public programming
 Fundraising, membership and volunteer models for promoting sustainable and equitable practice
 Advocating for greater sustainability at the national and international levels
 Reclaiming civic leadership and advancing democratic ideals
 Student research and internship projects featuring conference themes and values
 We, of course, always welcome proposals having to do with general academic museum issues and practices, such as governance structures, membership strategies, collections management, and outreach/programming.

 Download Submission Guidelines PDF Here [http://aoamag.wildapricot.org/EmailTracker/LinkTracker.ashx?linkAndRecipientCode=nuouNOfTnTjArBD6reLmbeaZdYQHHbEhGL1M1GeF%2bnaIQhQITFIjP%2fZAa9PP5fSjnPS3IvptJoi5UXFl7XEtzscfWkJhrQHjG459UlFRMsw%3d]

 Link copy if needed:

 https://www.aamg-us.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/2022-Submission-Guidelines-12.2.21.pdf [http://aoamag.wildapricot.org/EmailTracker/LinkTracker.ashx?linkAndRecipientCode=nuouNOfTnTjArBD6reLmbeaZdYQHHbEhGL1M1GeF%2bnaIQhQITFIjP%2fZAa9PP5fSjnPS3IvptJoi5UXFl7XEtzscfWkJhrQHjG459UlFRMsw%3d]

 Stay connected with AAMG through all our social channels. You can find us @AcademicMuseums on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Subscribe to our active listserv at groups.io/g/AAMG.

 Not currently a member of AAMG, but want to become one? Join us!

 Visit our site by clicking here [http://aoamag.wildapricot.org/EmailTracker/LinkTracker.ashx?linkAndRecipientCode=ffT%2bTOII0foP3whVNeaePFmE6pMvpeyQFh%2fIqahon4X0qOFJ1v68SkF87Jy5Pbv1MrDNn6O6xtMwf5jghwChJwNGGah7oUPxCa83K7VTdTk%3d] and become a member today!

 Copyright © 2021 Association of Academic Museums & Galleries All rights reserved.
Contact email: communications at aamg-us.org [mailto:communications at aamg-us.org]

 Unsubscribe [http://aoamag.wildapricot.org/EmailTracker/LinkTracker.ashx?linkAndRecipientCode=QxoGaTxd3AjEJTj6r5%2f9oJNceLMQ%2bFz%2b2YEkK0jjpOBIvVXocnB4yDqgPMgjTbB3DDyeE78yQDoU9olaK8duONi6N%2bisBBLkndFZe2iVr7w%3d&up=%3fet%3dUsGTCnlxy2EycIE1nMwaUJjhxv82J6ZepU%252fj5E%252bSEa6ZYdrLljtNUAKX1SoVjOSZCzGGPizkjVG%252bXnxRuQyfSiCFzF5Y2C1HewufE%252fHTwvtVsIPnhdqGcC13OR54s%252bqkYvqWK%252bBcNxWIJD%252fM9Jjqsuua%252b670l9AWEzeOYb9PJZrBXj%252b9]