[Nhcoll-l] Scoring Moult during bird skin prep

Elizabeth Wommack ewommack at uwyo.edu
Fri Jan 22 15:08:45 EST 2021

Hello Amos,

We generally go from no body molt, sporadic, light, moderate, heavy. I also
like to put where on the body if possible, such as sporadic molt on back of
neck and lower abdomen or heavy body molt over all feather tracts. That way
if it is a skin, and they want to look for the body molt later they know
approximately where to search.
I find a lot more sporadic molt than I ever anticipate. Some of it may be
fright molt loss or other behavior/stress molting behavior, but I also
think that may be important data for someone.

cheers,
Beth