[Nhcoll-l] FedEx ACE memo

Dirk Neumann neumann at snsb.de
Fri Jan 29 02:57:47 EST 2021

Dear Charles,

US colleagues reported on import issues linked with USFWS clearance and
issuing of ACEs in our last virtual meeting of the legislation &
regulation committee meeting two weeks ago. The FedEx air hub in
Memphis, respectively individual interpretations of officers in charge
seem to add to the problem, but currently we have no clear picture on
the issue (seems to be a multilayered problem).

As we planned to launch a feedback call via the NHColl list anyway, your
post is a perfect opportunity to pick this up. Could you please put the
main points in a separate doc together and email this to Stephanie
Carson and me? We will circulate a call to collect more information on
currently faced import issues to the US ( FWS, DOT, USDA etc. ) shortly.

All the best
Dirk

Am 28.01.2021 um 19:03 schrieb Charles M. Dardia:

> I just saw a FedEx regulatory email saying effective 25 January 2021
> all USDA regulated imports will require electronic ACE submission.
> They also mention there is no longer a de minimis exemption.  Does
> this really change anything surrounding imports?  Doesn’t FedEx turn
> documents (permits) over to FTN to complete the entry?
>
> Charles
>
> Charles M. Dardia
>
> Collections Manager
>
> Cornell Museum of Vertebrates
>
> 159 Sapsucker Woods Road
>
> Ithaca, NY 14850
>
> (607) 254-2161
>
> http://cumv.cornell.edu/ <http://cumv.cornell.edu/>

Dirk Neumann

Tel: 089 / 8107-111
Fax: 089 / 8107-300
neumann(a)snsb.de

Postanschrift:

Staatliche Naturwissenschaftliche Sammlungen Bayerns
Zoologische Staatssammlung München
Dirk Neumann, Sektion Ichthyologie / DNA-Storage
Münchhausenstr. 21
81247 München

Besuchen Sie unsere Sammlung:
http://www.zsm.mwn.de/sektion/ichthyologie-home/

---------

Dirk Neumann

Tel: +49-89-8107-111
Fax: +49-89-8107-300
neumann(a)snsb.de

postal address:

Bavarian Natural History Collections
The Bavarian State Collection of Zoology
Dirk Neumann, Section Ichthyology / DNA-Storage
Muenchhausenstr. 21
81247 Munich (Germany)

Visit our section at:
http://www.zsm.mwn.de/sektion/ichthyologie-home/