[Nhcoll-l] Sleeves for Lepidopterans

Anderson, Gretchen AndersonG at CarnegieMNH.Org
Tue Jul 6 15:53:33 EDT 2021

Hi Katrina,  we have a large collection of papered leps.  We have just taken about 6 months to go through all of them because of an infestation issue.  All of the papered leps have been put in plastic ziplock bags, frozen and their boxes thoroughly cleaned. All original documentation has been retained and is in association with the massive collection.  I am copying our Entomology Curator on this, and she can provide you with additional information!

Good Luck.
Gretchen

From: Nhcoll-l <nhcoll-l-bounces at mailman.yale.edu> On Behalf Of Menard, Katrina
Sent: Thursday, July 1, 2021 4:04 PM
To: nhcoll-l at mailman.yale.edu
Subject: [Nhcoll-l] Sleeves for Lepidopterans

Hi all,

I was curious whether there are collections out there that store sleeved lepidopteran material (like Odonata). We have a large amount of butterflies that are stored in paper and glassine envelopes that would take several lifetimes to spread, and we neither have the time nor space to go that route. We like the idea of glassine sleeves as a more permanent and protective way to store our enveloped material, but wanted more input from the community on this.

Thank you for any input you might have :).

Katrina Menard

Dr. Katrina Menard
Collection Manager, Invertebrates
Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
University of Connecticut
Unit 3043, 75 N. Eagleville Rd.
Storrs, CT 06269-3043
email: katrina.menard at uconn.edu<mailto:katrina.menard at uconn.edu>

Zootaxa Section Editor: Miroidea

The information contained in this message and/or attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any system and destroy any copies. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.