[Nhcoll-l] Help with Large Ratite Skin Preservation

JCampbell-Smith canisjadeite at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 14:35:11 EDT 2021

Hello!

I'm looking for anyone who has experience preserving large ratite skins for
study and education, who is willing to chat. Ideally the skin would be
flexible enough to store, but also use for study and education. When I try
to look up methods, I'm mostly getting information on tanning ostrich hides
for feather-less leather and not for study/keeping feathers on.

If anyone has experience with large ratites (a rhea and cassowary are on
the task list as well) please let me know :)

Thank you!
~Jennifer Campbell-Smith
--
Jennifer Campbell-Smith, Ph.D.
Behavioral Ecology

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson