[Nhcoll-l] UK NW Conservators Group Christmas Meeting

Weeks, Christopher Christopher.Weeks at mnh.im
Fri Nov 5 05:11:50 EDT 2021

Covid & Other Disasters
Conservation Matters in the Northwest

Call for Papers and Save the Date

Are you a conservator or curator, employed or volunteering, in public service or private practice, or a student? We are delighted to announce our 2021 Christmas conference (#CMNW2021). This is an opportunity for networking and exchange of ideas and experiences. We especially encourage contributions from students to practice their public speaking in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
We want to hear your experiences of this extraordinary year. Are you coming up for air, or still picking up the pieces? Have you been dealing with water ingress and pest outbreaks during lockdown? The global pandemic has been hard on many of us personally and professionally. We have been forced to think again about our support networks and our mental health, and about the sustainability of our practices. Some things may never be the same again.

Please send us your proposals for talks on ideas, case studies and experiences of Covid and other disasters. Your 15 minute presentation might be on:

*                     The effect of the pandemic on collections care or emergency planning
*                     Successes and failures of remote communication
*                     Changes in the habits of pests
*                     Rethinking the priorities of conservation practice

Venue:                 The People's History Museum<http://www.phm.org.uk>, Manchester
Date:                   Friday 10th December, 2021

Deadline for submission of titles and abstracts (max. 200 words): Friday 12th November 2021. Please send your submissions to christopher.weeks at mnh.im<mailto:christopher.weeks at mnh.im>.

In addition to the talks there will be a behind-the-scenes tour of the PHM conservation studios.

This will be a cross-disciplinary conference for conservators, curators, collection managers, volunteers and students engaged or interested in the care of collections. Proposals are welcomed from those inside and outside of the northwest.

Museums Development Northwest<https://museumdevelopmentnorthwest.wordpress.com/theteam/#:~:text=Museum%20Development%20North%20West%20(MDNW,Partnership%20and%20Cumbria%20Museums%20Consortium.> have kindly offered to provide a number of travel bursaries; further details will be announced when we send out the conference invite in due course. Unfortunately we do not have a budget to cover speaker expenses.

This conference is organised by Northwest Conservators in partnership with Northwest Museums Federation https://www.nwfed.org.uk/ and Museum Development North West https://museumdevelopmentnorthwest.wordpress.com/.

Christopher Weeks ACR
Collections Care and Conservation Manager
Manx National Heritage, Eiraght Ashoonagh Vannin
Manx Museum, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 3LY
Isle of Man Registered Charity No 603

[Shopping]<http://manxnationalheritage.im/shop/>manxnationalheritage.im/shop
[Face]<https://www.facebook.com/manxnationalheritage>facebook.com/manxnationalheritage
[Twit]<https://twitter.com/manxheritage>@manxheritage<https://twitter.com/manxheritage>
[Insta]<https://www.instagram.com/manxnationalheritage/>@manxnationalheritage<https://www.instagram.com/manxnationalheritage/>

[MNH]<https://manxnationalheritage.im/>  [Icon Accredited Member Logosml - JPG]

Isle of Man. Giving you freedom to flourish

WARNING: This email message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. You must not copy or deliver it to any other person or use the contents in any unauthorised manner without the express permission of the sender. If you are not the intended addressee of this e-mail, please delete it and notify the sender as soon as possible.

No employee or agent is authorised to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of any of the Departments or Statutory Boards of the Isle of Man Government with any party by e-mail without express written confirmation by a Manager of the relevant Department or Statutory Board.

RAAUE: S'preevaadjagh yn ?haghteraght post-l shoh chammah's coadanyn erbee currit marish as ta shoh coadit ec y leigh. Cha nhegin diu coipal ny cur eh da peiagh erbee elley ny ymmydey yn chooid t'ayn er aght erbee dyn kied leayr veih'n choyrtagh. Mannagh nee shiu yn enmyssagh kiarit jeh'n phost-l shoh, doll-shiu magh eh, my sailliu, as cur-shiu fys da'n choyrtagh cha leah as oddys shiu.

Cha nel kied currit da failleydagh ny jantagh erbee conaant y yannoo rish peiagh ny possan erbee lesh post-l er son Rheynn ny Boayrd Slattyssagh erbee jeh Reiltys Ellan Vannin dyn co-niartaghey scruit leayr veih Reireyder y Rheynn ny Boayrd Slattyssagh t'eh bentyn rish.