[Nhcoll-l] [MOGELIJK SPAM ! ******] Re: [Spam] Re: vials for storing insects in ETOH

A.J.van_Dam at lumc.nl A.J.van_Dam at lumc.nl
Fri Nov 26 04:43:29 EST 2021

Silicon rubbers swell in low and non-polar solvents and its vapors. At a molecular level silicon rubbers exhibit a high segmental mobility resulting in a relatively high permeability. These papers might be of interest to understand the mechanism of action:

https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlehtml/2015/tc/c5tc01927c

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/319043965_THE_INTERACTIONS_OF_PRESERVATIVE_FLUID_SPECIMEN_CONTAINER_AND_SEALANT_IN_A_FLUID_COLLECTION

Kind regards,

Dries

Andries J. van Dam<http://www.linkedin.com/in/andriesvandam> | curator-conservator

Anatomical Museum<https://www.lumc.nl/onderwijs/over-ons/anatomisch-museum/?setlanguage=English&setcountry=en> | Leiden University Medical Center | Building 3 (V3-32)
P.O.Box 9600 | 2300 RC Leiden | The Netherlands
Visiting address: Hippocratespad 21 | Tel: +31 (0)71 52 68356 | E-mail: A.J.van_Dam at lumc.nl<https://mail.lumc.nl/owa/redir.aspx?C=O7wgy__4qEq-bCzDQhMP7IpMG33lsdEIUTcpXTatWwljNFWdpbtnBKj-HeYnbumJrkd3hILExAk.&URL=mailto%3aA.J.van_Dam%40lumc.nl>

Scientific associate | Natural History Museum London | http://www.nhm.ac.uk<https://mail.lumc.nl/owa/redir.aspx?C=O7wgy__4qEq-bCzDQhMP7IpMG33lsdEIUTcpXTatWwljNFWdpbtnBKj-HeYnbumJrkd3hILExAk.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.nhm.ac.uk%2f>