[Nhcoll-l] Nests in museums

Haff, Tonya (NCMI, Crace) Tonya.Haff at csiro.au
Thu Oct 14 17:15:37 EDT 2021

Good morning from the Southern Hemisphere,

For those of you interested in nests, or who have nest collections, I rather abashedly spruik a recent manuscript we published on our nest collection at the Australian National Wildlife Collection and on a humidification experiment we did to try to reshape some old squashed nests: https://avianres.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s40657-021-00266-5.

I also just came across another paper that used nests in collections as 'botanical time capsules'...go nest collections! https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0257624&s=09

Cheers,

Tonya

Dr. Tonya M. Haff
Collection Manager