[Nhcoll-l] Best adhesive for re-adhering slide labels

Maureen Turcatel mturcatel at fieldmuseum.org
Wed Sep 1 18:00:50 EDT 2021

Hello Katrina,

We recently had a similar problem here at the Field Museum, and we decided
on using this double-sided tape
<https://www.talasonline.com/3M-415-Tape?quantity=1&size=43> instead of
glue to reattach the labels. We also considered using positionable mounting
adhesive
<https://www.amazon.com/568-Positionable-Mounting-Adhesive-Inches/dp/B000JGQM1Q>,
but the tape is much easier to work with -- and with both options the
adhesive won't interact with the old print/ink, which is something we
didn't want to risk by using liquid glue.

Best wishes,

Maureen