[Nhcoll-l] Vacuum for specimens

Haff, Tonya (NCMI, Crace) Tonya.Haff at csiro.au
Thu Sep 2 21:00:12 EDT 2021

Hello all,

I thought that this had been a NHCOLL discussion before, but I can't seem to find the info I am looking for, even in the archives (so apologies for redundancy).

I would like to purchase a vacuum for cleaning study skins and trays. I know it should have adjustable suction, and maybe need some sort of custom built stand for it to sit on, with casters and a prop to hold up the hose (so it doesn't get in the way or accidentally knock specimens). To use it I would get some brush and small area attachments, and of course use textile cloth as a filter or something like that when appropriate. Is there anything else I should be thinking of, or any specific vacuums that are great for this purpose?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Cheers,

Tonya

Tonya M. Haff, Ph.D.