[Nhcoll-l] Drones around real specimens?

Peter A Rauch peterar at berkeley.edu
Thu Apr 14 14:21:16 EDT 2022

First question might be about whether the responsibilities for professional
care were met regardless of what message the video may send to the public.

And in that regard, what risks to the collection / displays / specimens may
the drone have presented in the course of creating the video? (I.e., did
the museum adequately consider those risks and mediate for them?)

In these contexts, a "drones are bad /  drones are not bad" dichotomy is
probably not useful, and a case-specific assessment of risks, costs,
benefits will be.

As an aside, what sorts of risks, or exposures to negative impacts to which
particular specimens, might a drone present while flying to produce this
particular video?

Peter R.