[Nhcoll-l] Looking for examples of orphaned/rescued collections for BioScience article

Elizabeth Wommack ewommack at uwyo.edu
Thu Apr 14 15:03:17 EDT 2022

Hi Tiffany,

The UWYMV took on a really unusual orphaned collection, the Tyndale
teaching collection. It was lost in the storage cupboards of our local
highschool, and luckily someone got it to us before they took down the
building.
Tyndale had a really unique method of preparing his teaching specimens, and
we use them for outreach, tours, and different college classes today.

I'm attaching a pdf of the local article that was published when the
collection first arrived.

We've taken on several other small collections as well, and would be happy
to discuss them too if you or Michelle are interested.

cheers,
Beth

--
Elizabeth Wommack, PhD
Curator and Collections Manager of Vertebrates