[Nhcoll-l] Abstract submission for SVP's Preparators' Session is Open!

Geoscience Fossil Prep Lab fossilpreplab at geoscience.wisc.edu
Fri Apr 22 14:00:50 EDT 2022

Calling all preparators, collections and field workers!

       Each object in a museum represents an incredible amount of work spanning permitting, initial discovery (both purposeful and accidental), collection, preparation, registration, curation, conservation, display, and study. We are inviting all of you who have an impact on an object's history to discuss your research, observations, technical advances, tips, tricks, and hacks in the field, lab, digital world, or public-facing venues. You can submit an abstract to present either an in-person talk or poster, or via virtual poster.
       This year abstracts are due Tuesday, May 31, 2022. Please consider sharing your expertise and experience with your community. As in recent years, if you submit a first-authored abstract in EITHER the Preparator’s Session OR the Education and Outreach Poster Session, you are still allowed to submit a first-authored abstract to one other session. We look forward to receiving your submissions!

All the best,
Dave

Dave Lovelace, Ph.D. (he/him)
Museum Scientist
UW-Madison Geology Museum<http://geologymuseum.org/>
1215 W Dayton St, Madison WI 53706
O:(608) 890-1551; L:(608) 890-4949

[https://ci5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/4Yo3haV_G-Xq9SuepcSPxalyqE3_uotvqnsas33JSHEk-CKpbe9fDSLmlKV8qAD89Y_9POWJw2pWgEIja2KkbdkmKP7xwk-Cke73AUCkJZ-Gxnb1GONVZEuLh1kmURtVwL82VN2k2ejCyO_rK1i3swFXp-EV_2quvTQAQZkcGRDn-xbGVkdCUQ8IppSTqSMhbQHQanE4-bQMN9WBmA=s0-d-e1-ft#https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1q3VgRCK_zN4Uw6rtRpU8f8OF9qxogeBU&revid=0B2W0lSCwR8ltUXRDb25KVWNiaWVUcmM3Z2pvM0pDT1hDUUdBPQ]<http://facebook.com/uwgeologymuseum> [https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/GkU4hZ76TlJneTZMtDuTcniLJ0p14uXHFjj78hVYeSpSWaSwXfi0k9i54o4Egs8tladq9Ka_AQ09a8DM3s1fCV7ZfER1LTDTUobsxkPNkXf3QUK3bC2SdC8bVyBysiCPAo7RoJgUezajk9Bm5xoEWtFakRbeGDQM2bEYeK2A1IVi2MYaTOWFAd0uZrpL3W0xWPUzv-pmFYPw5BpJYw=s0-d-e1-ft#https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1-al4zHqBgdZ30wwR6lPw3lQKEDY--5Nd&revid=0B2W0lSCwR8ltTVFLSm5QL1ZOL1FUREhSVHZtbGRMQVk0NnpjPQ] <http://twitter.com/uwgeologymuseum>  [https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/UA0pKt4Up2fghavDC0DksHjNFwaPAs3dvsqn8I0DnM6zEiCcCBFYZTVU2xR8dKcNz6anRlQBGuLXI-f5ck5eORbmCMHDr56fwMcHD5d83APeIyF4yhu-aaOeU8hrFeDO-ljzOx19kQRG1JgfsM7nyeet_-TnD3UcqxdJVkA8dTrgPy3oMN_xokJ3jh4pwZBF6lABDcjCDSFJH--CLQ=s0-d-e1-ft#https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1Dl4rAqqZv50kGS7_DKEs_2LDW7BIQz9S&revid=0B2W0lSCwR8ltNkFCbWN0U2J5V3JFQk1GRTZzTUpISWpJOWh3PQ] <https://www.instagram.com/uwgeologymuseum/>

UW-Madison occupies ancestral land of the Ho-Chunk Nation. I respect the inherent sovereignty of the Ho-Chunk Nation, along with the eleven other First Nations of Wisconsin. I acknowledge and honor with gratitude the land itself and the people who have stewarded it throughout the generations.