[Nhcoll-l] (no subject)

Justin Congdon Congdon2016 at outlook.com
Tue Dec 6 13:48:00 EST 2022

Hello,
I (Justin Congdon), am Professor Emeritus of ecology and evolutionary biology,  University of Georgia Savannah River Ecology Laboratory near Aiken, South Carolina.

An entomologist who is donating insects to museums informed me that he could take up to $5000 a year tax deduction for annual donations. He obtained his price / insect on the web for prices.  When that failed, he recommended that I contact the experts at the nhcoll.

I am looking for someone that can appraise the value of all or part of the following data and samples collected during 32 consecutive years of study on three species of freshwater turtles on the University of Michigan E.S. George Reserve, near Hell in southeastern MI.

6,692 X-radiographs of gravid female (n) =  Painted (3,848), Snapping (7126), Blanding’s  (1076), and Sonoran Mud Turtles  1.100).

~ 2000 blood or tissue samples of marked individuals of all three species of  E. S. George Reserve turtles for a genetic study of male reproductive success.

~ 300 shells of turtles found dead

Data on initial captures of 10,500 individuals and close to 60,000  captures + recaptures of known and unknown ages).

Data on 1571 active nests, the majority associated with a marked female, hatchlings from surviving nests were associated with a female by common nest numbers.

I have found that preparing to archive the collection is very time consuming, and a tax deduction would ease the pain.

Any help very appreciated,

Justin D. Congdon
Congdon2016 at outlook.com<mailto:Congdon2016 at outlook.com>
C: 520 507 0401