[Nhcoll-l] Formalin in exhibition instead of ethanol

A.J.van_Dam at lumc.nl A.J.van_Dam at lumc.nl
Thu Feb 3 07:21:48 EST 2022

Why not transfer it to non-hazardous and non-volatile glycerin?

I have been involved as consultant in two projects in London and Perth to exhibit in glycerin a 4 meter long marlin and a 5 meter long megamouth shark. I am frequently travelling to Stockholm and we could plan a meeting to talk more about it at your convenience.

This recently published paper in Collection Forum might be of iinterest:

<https://meridian.allenpress.com/collection-forum/article/34/1/118/472750/Finding-A-Cure-for-Hazardous-Collections-The-Road>https://meridian.allenpress.com/collection-forum/article/34/1/118/472750/Finding-A-Cure-for-Hazardous-Collections-The-Road

Kind regards,

Dries

Andries J. van Dam<http://www.linkedin.com/in/andriesvandam> | curator-conservator

Anatomical Museum<https://www.lumc.nl/onderwijs/over-ons/anatomisch-museum/?setlanguage=English&setcountry=en> | Leiden University Medical Center | Building 3 (V3-32)
P.O.Box 9600 | 2300 RC Leiden | The Netherlands
Visiting address: Hippocratespad 21 | Tel: +31 (0)71 52 68356 | E-mail: A.J.van_Dam at lumc.nl<https://mail.lumc.nl/owa/redir.aspx?C=O7wgy__4qEq-bCzDQhMP7IpMG33lsdEIUTcpXTatWwljNFWdpbtnBKj-HeYnbumJrkd3hILExAk.&URL=mailto%3aA.J.van_Dam%40lumc.nl>

Scientific associate | Natural History Museum London | http://www.nhm.ac.uk<https://mail.lumc.nl/owa/redir.aspx?C=O7wgy__4qEq-bCzDQhMP7IpMG33lsdEIUTcpXTatWwljNFWdpbtnBKj-HeYnbumJrkd3hILExAk.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.nhm.ac.uk%2f>