[Nhcoll-l] Ideas for orca teeth from ethanol to dry for display?

Betsy Carlson bcarlson at ptmsc.org
Sun Feb 6 17:03:41 EST 2022

Hello,

We have a full set of orca teeth that have been preserved in ethanol since
the female transient orca's skeleton was prepared for display in our museum
over 15 years ago. We are looking for recommendations on how to keep them
from cracking once they are removed from the ethanol, and the best way to
preserve them for future use in the exhibit. The teeth will not go into the
skeleton (there are replicas there now). But into a covered display case.
Any thoughts?

Thank you,
Betsy

---
Betsy Carlson *(she/her)*
Citizen Science Coordinator
*Port Townsend Marine Science Center*
*phone: 360-385-5582 x 301*
*532 Battery Way, Port Townsend, WA 98368*
*For a Marine Mammal Stranding call 866-767-6114 or **locally to PTMSC:
360-385-5582 x 103*

*** I work an irregular schedule and will reply as soon as possible***

[image: Check out our website!] <https://ptmsc.org/>

*Inspiring Conservation of the Salish Sea f**or over 35 years*

www.ptmsc.org *| Follow us on** Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Port-Townsend-Marine-Science-Center/64955379712>*
*!*

<https://ptmsc.org/get-involved/donate>