[Nhcoll-l] Advice on estimating the value of donated collections?

Taylor, Sarah sarah.taylor at uconn.edu
Mon Feb 28 09:32:38 EST 2022

Good morning all,

A colleague at a regional museum reached out to ask me for advice on how to estimate the value of a collection of donated birds (mostly skins, some taxidermy mounts). He's not interested in individual values for each piece, but a big picture "lump sum." I'm sure this has come up on the listserve before, but I haven't been able to locate it. If anyone has ideas or can point me in the direction of a resource to send to my colleague, I'd really appreciate it! I have no appraisal skills myself - and I'm a botanist - so I'm at a total loss on my end.

Cheers,
Sarah

Sarah Taylor, PhD

Collections Manager, CONN