[Nhcoll-l] shelving in wet collection

Simon Moore couteaufin at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 5 05:04:36 EST 2022

Hi Lennart,

Various museums have used anti-slip mats to prevent jars from moving around but containers with small bases (vials, tubes &c) will need to be placed in secondary containers to keep them upright.

The matting would need to be long-lasting and proof against accidental spillage  / leakage of preservative fluids and someone may have ’the latest’ info-wise and what would be the best material for this.

With all good wishes, Simon

Simon Moore MIScT, RSci, FLS, ACR
Conservator of Natural Sciences and Cutlery Historian,

www.natural-history-conservation.com