[Nhcoll-l] Molecular sieve (Zeolite) for conservation

Marta Pérez marta.perez.cr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 10:35:39 EST 2022

Hello, I don't know if my message went unnoticed or if nobody has an
answer. I ask again, just in case!
Does anyone have experience in preserving dry tissues with molecular sieve?
We are considering testing it for our plant tissue bank instead of
other substances previously used, like regular silica gel or Artsorb,
because it appears to be more effective. We found this Zeolite molecular
sieve, but maybe you are using other compositions. We are primarily
concerned about possible interferences/contamination of this type of
preservative in future DNA analysis.
Thanks for your answers,
Regards,

Marta Pérez Azcárate
*Laboratori de Conservació Preventiva i Restauració*
Grop

Nat-Museu de Ciències Naturals de Barcelona
*Laboratori de Natura*
Pg Picasso s/n
08003 Barcelona
Tel. 932562209