[Nhcoll-l] un-buffered cardboard boxes

Amos Belmaker belmakera at tauex.tau.ac.il
Sun Jun 19 02:46:51 EDT 2022

Hi all,

We are looking to buy cardboard boxes to house our bird/mammal skull and skeleton collection and wanted to buy acid-free, un-buffered boxes. This is because we did not want the added calcium carbonate in the box and we also are worried the buffer might fail at some point. However, it is very hard to find a un-buffered boxes of a wide variety of sizes. We looked into UniversityProducts, Gaylord and Talas as suppliers but none had a good selection of un-buffered boxes.

Our first question is how important is using un-buffered boxes vs. buffered ones?   The second is: Does anyone have a name for a good supplier of un-buffered boxes that have  a good selection of sizes?

Thanks,
Amos Belmaker

[English mail signature]