[Nhcoll-l] With sadness

Laura Wilson lew999 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 12:06:10 EDT 2022

Dear NHCOLL/SPNHC community,

It is with great sorrow to report the sudden passing of Curtis J. Schmidt,
the Zoological Collections Manager for the Sternberg Museum of Natural
History at Fort Hays State University. Curtis became the Museum’s
first official
Zoological Collections Manager in July of 2011. A Hays native and FHSU
grad, Curtis received his BS in biological sciences in 1999 and his MS in
2004. Curtis was no stranger to the museum, as he began as a curatorial
assistant in Herpetology in 1998, eventually becoming an associate curator
of Herpetology and Mammalogy before being appointed Zoological Collections
Manager. Because of his involvement in many research projects, Curtis’
contributions to the Herpetology and Mammalogy collections are numerous. He
will be missed by all who worked closely with him.

Any collection requests or questions can be addressed to me (Laura Wilson:
lewilson6 at fhsu.edu) for the time being. If you know of any outstanding
zoology loans (either to or from the Sternberg Museum), I would appreciate
any information.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Laura

Dr. Laura E. Wilson

Associate Professor, Graduate Program Coordinator

Department of Geosciences

Curator of Paleontology, Chief Curator

Sternberg Museum of Natural History

Fort Hays State University