[Nhcoll-l] Help with a locality

Fabian Neisskenwirth info at naturhistorische-konservierung.de
Wed Jun 22 09:53:34 EDT 2022

Hi Leslie,

Linnaea Naturhistorisches Institut was a biological supply house based
in Berlin since 1885, before they were based in Frankfurt, as written on
the label. So the specimen has to be something collected before that.
While i did some research on the subject, I did not find a specific date
when the company was founded. They themselves claimed to be established
since 1882, but I found some Letters from the company dated in 1880 in
the archives of the MfN Berlin. So maybe they started in the 1870's.

Hope this helps at least a little bit. Even though Linnaea was one of
the most prolific supply houses in Germany, there is very little know of
its history.

Best wishes from the Ruhrarea,