[Nhcoll-l] TDWG 2022 - call for sessions

Shelley James botanistsaj at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 20:53:21 EST 2022

TDWG 2022—A Hybrid ConferenceStronger Together: Standards for linking
biodiversity data17–21 October 2022Be there in person, or join the
conference online!
------------------------------
Call for organized sessions

The Biodiversity Information Standards (TDWG) annual conference in 2022
will be a hybrid meeting, hosted in Sofia, Bulgaria by:

   - Pensoft <https://pensoft.net/>,
   - National Museum of Natural History <https://www.nmnhs.com/>, Bulgarian
   Academy of Sciences <https://www.bas.bg/?lang=en>, and
   - Institute of Biodiversity and Ecosystem Research
   <http://www.iber.bas.bg/>, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
   <https://www.bas.bg/?lang=en>,

Essential early information has been posted on the conference website
<https://www.tdwg.org/conferences/2022/> (
https://www.tdwg.org/conferences/2022/) . Additional information will be
posted as it becomes available.

We invite you to submit a proposal <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CYK8HPR>
 (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CYK8HPR) for an organized session at TDWG
2022 reflecting the conference theme, "Stronger Together: Standards for
linking biodiversity data." Organized sessions can take the form of a
symposium, panel discussion, or another format in which the primary purpose
is to convey information and engage the audience. Session proposers will be
responsible for soliciting and coordinating presentations, reviewing and
approving abstracts, and moderating their proposed session(s). We recommend
at least one session organizer should be present at the in-person meeting
if possible. Every symposium and presentation listed in the program must
have an abstract, which will be published in our open access journal,
*Biodiversity
Information Science and Standards <https://biss.pensoft.net/>*, as part of
the *Proceedings of TDWG 2022
<https://www.tdwg.org/conferences/2022/call-for-organized-sessions/>*.
Presenters must be registered for the conference.

Please note, priority will be given to proposals that address the
conference theme. If your proposal is accepted, your session title and
description will be posted (subject to editing for clarity and length) on
the TDWG 2022 conference website.

Submission (hard) deadline: 15 April 2022

Please contact the conference organizers with any questions.

We look forward to seeing your session ideas (by the 15th April!)!