[Nhcoll-l] processing and storing gymnosperm collections

Dina Clark dina.clark at colorado.edu
Tue May 24 17:39:55 EDT 2022

Good Afternoon,

We are reassessing how we both process and house our gymnosperm collections, especially specimens with larger cones. Curious to know if other institutions keep cones with their associated specimen sheets or are they curated separately in the collection? If entire specimens are kept together, what are your storage methods since the specimens are so bulky?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Dina

Dina Clark
Collection Manager, Herbarium COLO
University of Colorado Museum of Natural History
Boulder, CO  80309
303-492-3216