[Nhcoll-l] freezing of dried algae specimens

Tocci, Genevieve E. glewis-g at oeb.harvard.edu
Tue Oct 11 09:59:47 EDT 2022

Hi Eirik,

If you follow standard freezing protocols it poses no problems for algae. We do this all the time. I do recommend having them in a bag of some sort and letting them fully thaw after treatment. I also recommend against freezing microscope slides or mica slides when possible.

Best wishes,
Genevieve

Genevieve E. Tocci, ALM (she/her/hers)
Senior Curatorial Technician
Harvard University Herbaria
22 Divinity Ave., Cambridge, MA 02138  U.S.A.
glewis-g at oeb.harvard.edu<mailto:glewis-g at oeb.harvard.edu>

I don't expect you to respond to my email outside your work hours.