[Nhcoll-l] Survey on Offensive Collections Materials

Briscoe, Laura lbriscoe at nybg.org
Mon Oct 17 13:08:29 EDT 2022

Circling back to this survey many of you helpfully participated in:
The results of that survey and our subsequent research have now been published!

Looking forward to other conversations we can have to make natural history collections (and their digital counterparts) as inclusive and safe as possible.
Shining Light on Labels in the Dark: Guidelines for Offensive Collections Materials - Laura Briscoe, Mare Nazaire, J. Ryan Allen, Janelle Baker, Aliya Donnell Davenport, Janet Mansaray, Carol Ann McCormick, McKenna Santiago Coyle, Michaela Schmull, 2022 (sagepub.com)<https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/15501906221130535>
[https://journals.sagepub.com/action/showCoverImage?journalCode=cjxa]<https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/15501906221130535>
Shining Light on Labels in the Dark: Guidelines for Offensive Collections Materials - Laura Briscoe, Mare Nazaire, J. Ryan Allen, Janelle Baker, Aliya Donnell Davenport, Janet Mansaray, Carol Ann McCormick, McKenna Santiago Coyle, Michaela Schmull, 2022 - journals.sagepub.com<https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/15501906221130535>
The natural history collections community has made significant strides in the past decade in the digitization of their holdings. Digitization has made the data ...
journals.sagepub.com
warmly,
Laura

Laura Briscoe (she/they)