[Nhcoll-l] Mixing EtOH

Robert Waller rw at protectheritage.com
Wed Sep 7 11:17:37 EDT 2022

I think it is worth underscoring John’s recommendation: “that alcohol that is poured into a tray be checked for concentration before being returned to a container”. The rate at which a solution falls in concentration as it evaporates is inversely proportional to the depth of the solution. If that depth is only a few mm then the concentration will be become very low after just half the depth has evaporated. Even more drastic for more shallow layers.
Rob