[Nhcoll-l] Help needed | BlackInNHMs Request

Flemming,Adania aflemming at flmnh.ufl.edu
Wed Sep 14 07:49:25 EDT 2022

Dear colleagues,

We hope your fall semester is off to a great start. As our 2022 BlackInNHMs event draws (Oct 16-22nd ) near we would appreciate your help planning or running support for one the activities as outlined in this volunteer request survey (https://tinyurl.com/SupportBlackInNHMs). Please review our draft summary of the week<https://tinyurl.com/2022Brainstorm> (or see attached) and let us know which day(s) you will be willing and able to provide assistance with. If you join one of the day planning teams, you will collaborate with the Team Lead (BINHMs board member) and other team members to organize for the day.

If you are able to assist, we would love to hear from you before Friday Sept. 23rd but there will be later calls for volunteers as the event draws nearer. If you are BlackInNHMs please fill out this form, https://forms.gle/BGxGVdeVT5CbpBdJ9.

BACKGROUND: My name is Adania Flemming, I'm currently a PhD Candidate at the Florida Museum of Natural History, and the founder of Black In Natural History Museums<https://www.blackinnhms.org/about> (BlackInNHMs | BINHMs). We are a non-profit aiming to highlight the voices, experiences, and contributions of Black people in natural history museums. You can find more information about our non-profit in our August Newsletter<https://mailchi.mp/0d1ec6190b64/black-in-natural-history-museums-august-newsletter?e=ac821bbf72> (bit.ly/3JtrB89<https://t.co/Fz3BakEx26>). My colleagues and I are organizing a week of events celebrating Black professionals and contributors in natural history museums and collections.

2022 Annual Event Summary Link: https://tinyurl.com/2022Brainstorm

Thank you so much for your support.

BlackInNHMs Board of Directors

President: Adania Flemming (FLMNH<https://www.floridamuseum.ufl.edu/>)

Vice President of Membership and Events: Leanne Melbourne (AMNH<https://www.amnh.org/>)

Vice President of Communications: JC Buckner (UTA ARDRC<https://ardrcenter.uta.edu/>, NMNH<https://naturalhistory.si.edu/> & LSU<https://www.lsu.edu/mns/>MNS)

Vice President of Graphic Design: Alnycea Blackwell (FLMNH<https://www.floridamuseum.ufl.edu/>)

Co- Treasurers: Nicole Cannarozzi (FLMNH<https://www.floridamuseum.ufl.edu/>)  and Hank Bart (TUBRI<http://www.tubri.org/>)

Co- Secretaries: Hadeel Saad (UM LSA<https://lsa.umich.edu/ummnh/visitors/museumathome.html>) and Brianna Mims (AMNH<https://www.amnh.org/>)

Regards,
Adania Flemming M.S.
Pronouns:<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.mypronouns.org_what-2Dand-2Dwhy&d=DwMGaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=zThVZankKygkmOSU-DBh_YxCMdMo43h3aMJBSnI8M6c&m=52f2X9OtFcSDGRLM0XUJ77f5-zjFCYwYArT8ZkhXKMc&s=u0gctAQkmIRkamtvvL7ble1cfostm09CntkF7uSou50&e=> She/her/hers
Department of Biology
Florida Museum of Natural History<https://www.floridamuseum.ufl.edu/>/iDigBio<https://www.idigbio.org/>/TESI<https://www.floridamuseum.ufl.edu/earth-systems/about-the-institute/>
University of Florida
Office Phone: 352-273-1951