[Nhcoll-l] [EXT] how to clean birds nests ?

René Corado rene at wfvz.org
Wed Sep 14 10:05:45 EDT 2022

Hi Benoit,

We have a collection of ~20,000 nests. We never dust or vacuum any nests, I won’t recommend it. I placed every individual nest in plastic boxes or sealed them in plastic bags before I put them into cabinets. When I arrived at the museum 37 years ago, several thousand nests were wrapped individually in newspaper and storage in cardboard boxes, the newspaper protected them from the dust until I put them in plastic and into the cabinets.

Best regards,
René Corado