[Nhcoll-l] Assistant Professor/Curator of Fishes at University of Minnesota

Benjamin Frable bfrable at ucsd.edu
Wed Sep 21 14:51:27 EDT 2022

Hi all,

Sharing this exciting position for a friend. Please check out the link
below for more information. Do not ask me as I know nothing :)

*Assistant Professor & Curator of Fishes*
The Department of Fisheries, Wildlife, and Conservation Biology and the
Bell Museum at the University of Minnesota invite applications for a
9-month academic tenure-track position as Assistant Professor of
Ichthyology and Curator of Fishes. We welcome applicants working in any
area of ichthyology with a focus on organismal biology, fish diversity, or
fish conservation. Competitive applicants will have interests in developing
a research program that integrates different approaches, such as
computation, experimentation, field studies, genomics, morphometrics,
modeling, natural history collections, or phylogenetics, among others.

The successful candidate will develop a strong, extramurally funded
research program in ichthyology; lead curation of the Fish Collection and
the Mollusk Collection at the Bell Museum; contribute to the teaching
mission of FWCB, including a course in ichthyology; advise undergraduate,
graduate, and postdoctoral researchers; participate in professional
service; and engage in public outreach.

The University of Minnesota is committed to diversity and cultural
inclusiveness. Women and members of systematically excluded groups are
strongly encouraged to apply.

For a full position description, including qualifications; salary/benefits;
information about FWCB, the Bell Museum, and the University of Minnesota;
and how to apply, please visit
https://fwcb.cfans.umn.edu/fish-curator-position
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://fwcb.cfans.umn.edu/fish-curator-position__;!!Mih3wA!Gl3HVsyG6t1yya4aJvslgzVK7CSOBpLcMdVwFkaERn10e9uYgUkdbss6REOsn8q7Wl1wNiUIi3KFbsk$>
.

--
><;';> ~ ><;';> ~ ><;';> ~ ><;';> ~ ><;';> ~ ><;';>

Ben Frable
Collection Manager of Marine Vertebrates
Scripps Institution of Oceanography
University of California San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive
La Jolla, CA 92093-0244 USA

Office: 231 Vaughan Hall *|* Lab: 224 Vaughan Hall
858-534-2199 *|* 858-534-5306 fax

*NEW* address for *FedEx, UPS, **DHL*:

UCSD, Scripps Institution of Oceanography
Ben Frable 0244
Vaughan Hall 224
7835 Trade St., Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92121