[Nhcoll-l] Formalin transfer

Haff, Tonya (NCMI, Crace) Tonya.Haff at csiro.au
Wed Sep 21 22:38:31 EDT 2022

Hi Mandy,

We have and do face similar fume hood bottlenecks. I will let others speak more specifically about soaking in water with a lid on, but we solved many of our problems by purchasing a 'portable' (well, moveable...it's on a stand on casters) fume hood specially fitted with formaldehyde filters and alarm. If this is of interest let me know and I'm happy to pass on supplier info, etc.

Cheers,

Tonya

Collection Manager
Australian National Wildlife Collection, CSIRO