[Nhcoll-l] Alarms on freezers- particularly ultracolds/ULT

Bentley, Andrew Charles abentley at ku.edu
Tue Aug 1 13:34:14 EDT 2023

Hi Janaki

We have our ultracolds and cryo dewars monitored by ADT/TYCO/Johnson Controls (they have been buying each other out so frequently I cannot keep them straight 😊) through a phone based panel.  We have 3 ultracolds and various zones associated with three liquid nitrogen dewars along with room temperature alarms and oxygen monitors all hooked up the same system.  When  one of the zones trips, due to high temperature or some other alarm event, we have a call tree that ADT/TYCO/Johnson Controls calls to alert us.  They will keep calling until someone picks up the call and responds to the alarm.  It is a very effective system but requires some investment in the necessary infrastructure to run it.  You could reach out to ADT/TYCO/Johnson Controls to get a quote for installation.

Hope that helps.  Happy to provide more details if needed.

Andy
    A  :             A  :             A  :
 }<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<)))_°>
    V                V                V
Andy Bentley
Ichthyology Collection Manager
University of Kansas
Biodiversity Institute
Dyche Hall
1345 Jayhawk Boulevard<x-apple-data-detectors://9/>
Lawrence, KS, 66045-7561<x-apple-data-detectors://9/>
USA<x-apple-data-detectors://9/>

Tel: (785) 864-3863<tel:%28785%29%20864-3863>
Fax: (785) 864-5335<tel:%28785%29%20864-5335>
Email: abentley at ku.edu<mailto:abentley at ku.edu>
ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-3093-1258
http://ichthyology.biodiversity.ku.edu<http://ichthyology.biodiversity.ku.edu/>
    A  :             A  :             A  :