[Nhcoll-l] [External] Re: Terminology

Laura Romero romerplau at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 08:50:44 EST 2023

Hi everybody,

In archaeological research, we use fauna bones or even whole skelletons
that have been previously prepared for being used in workshops or for
education in field as a reference to compare them with actual
archaeological fauna items, so students can learn about identification, for
instance. Unsurprisingly, we call them "reference collections".

I hope it helps!

Best wishes,
Laura