[Nhcoll-l] FW: Mid Atlantic Malacologists meeting - Saturday 15 April 2023

Callomon,Paul prc44 at drexel.edu
Thu Feb 9 11:27:16 EST 2023

External.
The Mid-Atlantic Malacologists meeting is back!
Please join us in person on Saturday 15 April 2023 for the first post-COVID and post-Renovation MAM meeting.
We will meet at the recently re-opened Delaware Museum of Nature and Science, at 4840 Kennett Pike in Wilmington, DE 19807.  There is plenty of parking on site and hotels in the area if you need accommodations.
This informal, one-day event is designed to facilitate contact among professional, amateur, and student biologists who study mollusks.  All aspects of molluscan research and collections are welcome topics for discussion. There are no dues, officers, abstracts, or publications associated with the meeting. We spend the day getting caught up on What's Happening Now in molluscan biology and meeting new people.
Doors open at 9 am for coffee and breakfast (provided). Talks start around 9:30 and go until about 4:30 with a break for lunch. Presentations (15 minutes max.) are very informal and may include new or continuing research activities, collections, or trip reports. We can also accommodate a few posters if you prefer.
The DelMNS collection and library are available before or during the meeting. Interested participants should make arrangements with Mr. Alex Kittle, Sr. Mollusk Collection Manager (akittle at delmns.org<mailto:akittle at delmns.org>).
If you will be coming, please RSVP to Liz (eshea at delmns.org<mailto:eshea at delmns.org>) by Monday, April 3rd so we have a headcount for breakfast and coffee.  Participants are not required to give a presentation to attend, but if you plan to give a talk or poster, please provide a title or topic when you RSVP.
Best wishes,
Liz Shea

Elizabeth K. Shea, Ph.D.
Director of Collections and Curator of Mollusks
Delaware Museum of Nature & Science
Formerly the Delaware Museum of Natural History
4840 Kennett Pike | Wilmington, DE 19807
Ph: 302-658-9111 | Fx: 302-658-2610
www.delmns.org<https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.delmns.org%2F&data=05%7C01%7Cprc44%40DREXEL.EDU%7C9bb1e47f4a924e2b677208db0ab69433%7C3664e6fa47bd45a696708c4f080f8ca6%7C0%7C0%7C638115551537733378%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=Oks2gZzMAhopCg4%2BrRqyzS4jtwNVFMLambXPc9124OQ%3D&reserved=0>