[Nhcoll-l] Shelf depth for EtOH jar collections

Haff, Tonya (NCMI, Crace) Tonya.Haff at csiro.au
Tue Feb 14 22:26:11 EST 2023

Hi again everyone,

We are getting down to the pointy bit of having to confirm the desired depth of shelving for our new ethanol vault storage. Right now our shelves are only about 300mm deep, which is really not deep enough for some larger containers. We have specified 440mm deep shelving for the new space, but before pushing 'go' I thought I would ask if any of you have thoughts or very strong opinions about optimal shelf depth for storing jars of various sizes and smaller drums.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Cheers,

Tonya

Dr. Tonya M. Haff