[Nhcoll-l] Shelf depth for EtOH jar collections

Callomon,Paul prc44 at drexel.edu
Wed Feb 15 08:07:40 EST 2023

The metal tray system described here:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/337950870_An_improved_design_for_the_storage_of_fluid-preserved_specimens_in_small_to_medium-sized_containers

can be customized to any shelf width. It is cheap (any metal fabricator can make it) and works really well. It helps if your collection is organized by catalog number rather than systematically, but in any case is a huge improvement over bottles on shelves in terms of efficiency and safety in use. It's the same idea as what Tom describes, but does not use wood.

Paul Callomon
Collection Manager, Malacology and General Invertebrates
Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
1900 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia PA 19103-1195, USA
prc44 at drexel.edu<mailto:prc44 at drexel.edu> Tel 215-405-5096 - Fax 215-299-1170