[Nhcoll-l] Specimens tags

Bentley, Andrew Charles abentley at ku.edu
Mon Feb 27 12:08:32 EST 2023

Renan

There are a number of companies that supply specimen tags of this kind:

https://www.tlsprinting.com/specimen-tags

We have not ordered any for some time now so cannot comment on quality or price.  However, more recently we have been using the same thermal transfer printer system that we use for specimen labels to print tags using spun bound polyester media.  They hold up really well and using the thicker media ensures durability and that they do not tear.  This has the advantage of being able to print any number sequence on demand as well as include additional information or barcodes if needed.

Would be happy to provide kore information if you are interested.

Andy
    A  :             A  :             A  :
 }<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<)))_°>
    V                V                V
Andy Bentley
Ichthyology Collection Manager
University of Kansas
Biodiversity Institute
Dyche Hall
1345 Jayhawk Boulevard<x-apple-data-detectors://9/>
Lawrence, KS, 66045-7561<x-apple-data-detectors://9/>
USA<x-apple-data-detectors://9/>

Tel: (785) 864-3863<tel:%28785%29%20864-3863>
Fax: (785) 864-5335<tel:%28785%29%20864-5335>
Email: abentley at ku.edu<mailto:abentley at ku.edu>
ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-3093-1258
http://ichthyology.biodiversity.ku.edu<http://ichthyology.biodiversity.ku.edu/>
    A  :             A  :             A  :