[Nhcoll-l] Horrible ;-) taxidermized birds and mammals

Sergio Montagud sergio.montagud at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 07:19:33 EST 2023

Hello everyone,

Last week we received some items of taxidermized birds and mammals in a very bad condition. Not only they are bad preserved, with dust and feather/hair fallen, also they have no data about origin, date or taxidermist. There are not interesting species, all are common except five or six that could be considered as rare.

This type of donations is frequent because most people are received now properties of their families that traditionally have these kinds of pieces.

I would ask you if anyone have experienced with these sorts of exx. and try to reuse in other terms. I want to say if they take them, extract the skull, and discard the rest or something like these.  Ideas and experiences are welcome. Evidently, invest time to recover these is not considered.

Thanks a lot

Sergio

Sergio Montagud Alario
Museu [UV] Història Natural