[Nhcoll-l] [EXTERNAL] Collections move and storing of full body and shoulder mounts of mammals

Dahlberg, Elisa L elisa_dahlberg at fws.gov
Tue Jul 18 14:18:22 EDT 2023

We had a similar move a few years ago and did the same - wrapped our large mounts in plastic and used ethafoam or Styrofoam to fashion ear protectors or "hats" soas to not mat down fur and whatnot. If you seal them good enough it should deter most pests - we stored ours in a less than Ideal facility during our construction and didn't have any pest issues.

Best,

Elisa L. Dahlberg
Lead Biologist | Collections Manager
U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service | Office of Law Enforcement
National Wildlife Property Repository
6550 Gateway Road, Bldg. 128 | Commerce City, CO 80022
https://www.fws.gov/program/national-wildlife-property-repository

"For most of history, Anonymous was a woman." - Virginia Woolf