[Nhcoll-l] dermestid colony slowing down

Nick Cairns nacairns at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 10:38:53 EDT 2023

Morning everyone,
We're having an issue with our dermestid colony. Despite seemingly good
temperature and humidity the colony is failing to process the modest
amounts of material we are putting in with them. They've mostly been
stripping bison mandibles for the last few months but seems to be
consistently slowing down. We've tried warming them up and subdividing them
but it's still slow.  Any advice or experience with this would be greatly
appreciated.
Best,
Nick

Non-avian curator