[Nhcoll-l] Best packing material for moving of wet collection jars

Abraczinskas, Laura abraczi1 at msu.edu
Tue Jun 20 10:16:00 EDT 2023

Hello,
The "PIG" sheets that Paul mentioned are made of polypropylene.  We have received them with wet-specimen return loan packaging.

The "PIG" absorbent socks (for example Blue Absorbent) do contain vermiculite.
Best,
Laura

Laura Abraczinskas
Pronouns: She, Her, Hers
Collections Manager, Vertebrate Collections
Michigan State University Museum
409 West Circle Drive
East Lansing, Michigan  48824
USA

(517) 355-1290 (Office)

Michigan State University occupies the ancestral, traditional, and contemporary Lands of the Anishinaabeg-Three Fires Confederacy of Ojibwe, Odawa, and Potawatomi peoples. The University resides on Land ceded in the 1819 Treaty of Saginaw.