[Nhcoll-l] Effective 1 March 2023: Important changes for specimen transfers to Europe, including Schengen Countries Norway, Switzerland and Northern Ireland

Carla Cicero ccicero at berkeley.edu
Thu May 11 16:27:37 EDT 2023

Hi Dirk et al. - I'm trying to send some bird tissue samples to Norway and
want to confirm about the EORI number for shipments to that country. Your
email says that an EORI number is needed for Norway, but this site
<https://www.toll.no/en/corporate/transport-and-customs-warehouse/what-is-an-eori-number/#:~:text=EORI%20is%20not%20used%20in,their%20communication%20with%20Norwegian%20Custom.>
says Norway doesn't use an EORI number. My collaborator provided a VAT
number instead. Can you or someone else confirm if a EORI number is
required for shipments to Norway?

Thanks,
Carla

Carla Cicero, Ph.D