[Nhcoll-l] Job posting: Curatorial Research Associate in Bird & Mammal Collections, UMN Bell Museum

Angela Hornsby horns076 at umn.edu
Tue Nov 14 16:36:10 EST 2023

The Bell Museum seeks a full time (in person) research associate to assist
in a newly funded project to create a network across Minnesota that will
help collect and prepare scientific research specimens from salvaged
wildlife. This term position is funded until June 30, 2026, by the
Minnesota Environment and Natural Resources Trust Fund as recommended by
the Legislative-Citizen Commission on Minnesota Resources. The aim is to
take carcasses of Minnesota birds and mammals to collect and analyze data
for research into ecology, evolution, and environmental health. Each
carcass will eventually also become part of the archival record at the Bell
Museum for future research.

This position will be responsible for managing the transfer of specimens
and communication between partner institutions and the Bell Museum;
dissecting and preparing various kinds of research-quality museum specimens
from salvaged material; collating and entering data associated with these
specimens; analyzing data from specimens using summary statistics; and
participating in outreach events to educate the public on our work.

We are looking for individuals to join our team who are inspired by our
mission to ignite curiosity and wonder, explore our connections to nature
and the universe, and create a better future for our evolving world. We
believe that difference is a strength and are looking for candidates that
reflect and respect diversity. We encourage you to apply for the position
even if you do not believe you meet every qualification.

For more information or to apply:

Job ID:   358598

Handshake ID: 8431469 <https://app.joinhandshake.com/emp/jobs/8431469>

Application Deadline: December 10, 2023

Salary: $21.49/hr

Link: https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/ext/358598

Questions about the position can be directed to Kate Sigurdson,
ksigurds at umn.edu.

--
Angela Hornsby, Ph.D.
Zoological Collections Manager (MMNH / JFBM)