[Nhcoll-l] COSE delays

Laura Bies laurabiesoc at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 10:13:24 EDT 2023

The Ornithological Council is hearing about significant delays in getting
COSEs renewed. I've been in touch with the USFWS and am working to put
together a list of pending COSE renewals, so they can check on the status.
To be added to my list, please contact me (laurabiesoc at gmail.com) with the
institution name and location, permit reference number, contact info (email
and phone), and date renewal submitted. It's important that I provide the
USFWS with contacts for each institution; due to privacy issues, they have
to reply directly to the institutions and not to me.

Please share with other institutions who may not be in this group. The more
evidence we can pull together about delays in processing, the better. On
that note, if your COSE was recently renewed, but took a long time, I'd be
interested in that, too.

Thanks!

Laura
Laura Bies
Executive Director
Ornithological Council <https://birdnet.org/>
202.905.9141
laurabiesoc at gmail.com

*Providing Scientific Information about Birds*