[Nhcoll-l] Minimum viable mammal specimen

Simon Moore couteaufin at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 9 10:38:24 EST 2024

Hi Rebecca,

Another part of carnivore (and some other mammal) anatomy is the baculum for male specimens which, apparently, can reveal data about growth, something I researched slightly back nine years ago the 1990s and when I was prepping a skull from such a specimen I was also asked to extract this extra part of the skeleton.

With all good wishes, Simon

Simon Moore MIScT, RSci, FLS, ACR
Conservator of Natural Sciences and Cutlery Historian.

www.natural-history-conservation.com