[Nhcoll-l] ordering cotton wool, ammonia

Catherine Early (she/her) cearly at smm.org
Mon Jan 22 12:43:23 EST 2024

Hi all,

I am ordering non-absorbent cotton wool for stuffing study skins and
ammonia for degreasing bones for the first time for my lab, so I don't have
previous order information to go on. Are there recommended sources for
these items for these uses? I've especially gotten stuck on what kind of
ammonia to order since there are so many different formulations for
different uses. Thanks!

Best,
Catherine

Catherine M. Early, PhD

*she/her/hers*

Barbara Brown Chair of Ornithology

cearly at smm.org

https://catherineearly.wixsite.com/home

We envision a world where everyone has the power to use science to make
lives better,
and we are committed to using STEM as a tool to advocate for justice and
equity.