[Nhcoll-l] question about polyethylene bag "tubing" for specimens

Bentley, Andrew Charles abentley at ku.edu
Thu Mar 7 19:17:38 EST 2024

Laura

We have used this poly sheeting to store a number of our large gar heads in our dry collection long term and have not noticed any ill effects.  Depending on the humidity and temperature of the storage space you may get some condensation on the inside of the bags if not packaged in a dry environment.

Not sure that 2ml or 4ml would make much difference in that regard.  4ml may be a little more durable to puncture by spiny or rough objects so may be worth the investment.  We use the same material we use for packing loans so that we only have to order one kind and have a large stock of it.  We use the 4ml.

Andy

Sent from my iPad